This is very tasty indian dal khichdi recipe. this dal khichdi recipe is very tasty very healthy and very easy to cook at home.
Preparation – 10 minutes
Cook – 20 minutes
Ready In – 30 minutes
Serve for – 2 peoples
- Split Green gram/ Moong dal – 1/2 cup (washed and soaked in water for 1/2 hour)
- Split Red gram/ Arhar dal – 1/2 cup (washed and soaked in water for 1/2 hour)
- Rice – 1 cup (short grain/arwa chawal washed and soaked in water for 1/2 hour)
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 1 (chopped)
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seed – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida– -1/2 tsp
- Garlic – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup (chopped finely)
- Salt to taste
First of all take a pressure cooker and add split green gram, split red gram and rice in it. Now add 1 tsp red chili powder , 1/2 tsp turmeric powder , 1 chopped green chili and salt to taste. Now add 2.5 cup of water, mix it well and cook it for 2-3 whistle on medium flame.
Now for tempering heat a pan and add 2 tbsp ghee in it. Now reduce the flame to medium and add 1 tsp cumin seed, 1/2 tsp asafoetida and 1tbsp chopped garlic and fry it for 10 seconds. Now add 1 chopped onion and fry it for 20 seconds than add 1 chopped tomato and cooked it for 30 seconds. Now add 1 tsp red chili powder and salt to taste and mix it well.
Now add khichdi in pan and add coriander leaves and mix it well and cook it for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes turn off the flame .
Khichdi is ready serve it with curd pickles and papad.